Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Are we too busy?

Let's ponder upon this....
"People throw away what they could have,
By insisting on perfection--which they cannot have,
And looking for it where they will never find it.

"In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I'M TOO BUSY Everyday as I wake up at dawn
My mind start working the moment I yawn
There were many things to do, o dear!
That's why I hastily did my Subuh prayer
I didn't have the time to sit longer to praise the Lord
To me rushing out after prayer is nothing odd...

Since school, I had been busy every minute
Completing my tutorials and handing it in
My ECAs took up most of my time always
No time did I have to Allah to pray
Too many things to do and zikir is rare
For Allah, I really had no time to spare..

When I grew up and started my career
Working all day to secure my future
When I reached home, I prefered to have fun
I chatted on the phone but I didn't read the Quran

I spent too much time surfing the Internet
Sad to say, my faith was falling flat...

The only time I have left is weekends
During which I prefer window shopping with friends
I couldn't spare time to go to the mosque
I'm too busy, that's the BIG EXCUSE...

I did my five prayers but did so quickly
After prayer, I didn't sit longer to reflect quietly
I didn't have time to help the needy ones
I was loaded with work as my precious time runs

No time at all to visit a sick Muslim friend
To orphans and elderly, I hardly lent a hand
I'm too busy to do community service
When there were gatherings, I helped the least

My life was already full of stress
So I didn't counsel a Muslim in distress
I didn't spend much time with my family
B'coz I thought, doing so is a waste of time...

No time to share with non-Muslim about Islam
Even though I know, inviting causes no harm
No time to do Sunnah prayers at all
All these contribute to my imaan's fall..

I'm busy here and busy there
I've no time at all, that's all I care
I went for religious lessons, just once in awhile
Coz I'm too busy making a pile...

I worked all day and I slept all night
Too tired for Tahajjud and it seemed not right
To me, earning a living was already tough
so I only did basic deeds but that's not enough..

No time at all, to admire God's creation
No time to praise Allah and seek His Compassion
Although I know how short is my life
For Islam, I really didn't strive..

Finally the day comes, when the Lord calls for me
And I stood before Him with my Life's History
I feel so guilty b'coz I should have prayed more
Isn't that what a Muslim lives for?

To thank Allah and do more good deeds
And the Quran is for us all to read..

Now at Judgement Day, I'm starting to fret
I've wasted my life but it's too late to regret
My entry to Paradise depend on my good behavior
But I've not done enough nor did proper prayer

My "good deed book" is given from my right
An angel opened my "book" and read out my plight.

Then the angle chided me....

"O You Muslim servant, you are the one,
Who is given enough time, yet not much is done
Do you know that your faith is loose?
saying "no time" is only an excuse.
Your "good deed book" should be filled up more
with all the good work you stood up for..

Hence, I only recorded those little good deeds
As I say this, I know your eyes will mist..
I was about to write some more, you see
But I did not have, THE TIME to list".......

written by,
Hamba Allah~



Ps: this is taken from fairuz's note on fb..thanks so much dear! ^_^



No comments: